Edwards XDS35iC 25cfm Chemical-Resistant Scroll Pump w/ silencer
XDS scroll pumps have become industry standard when dry pumping is essential, proving to be a robust and clean vacuum pump solution in a range of applications and processes.
The XDS35i pump has an innovative bearing shield that isolates the vacuum environment from all forms of lubricant, making it not only lubricant-free but hermetically sealed. XDS35iNGB variant has had the gas ballast feature removed for applications such as rare gas recirculation and gas recovery.
The XDS46i shares many of the same features of the XDS35i but with a peak speed of 40 m3h-1. The pump has been optimised for maximum pumping speed at inlet pressures between 1 mbar and 10 mbar, making it ideally suited for LCMS and ICPMS applications requiring higher pumping speeds.
The C variant has been modified so that it is more suitable for use on vapour handling processes and may be used in some applications using corrosive substances. The C version is fitted with Chemraz® internal valve pads and stainless steel exhaust port.
Chemraz® is a registered trademark of Greene Tweed
Scroll pumps use intermeshing fixed and orbital scrolls to form non-contacting, crescent shaped gas pockets that are continuously compressed by the orbiting action. This means that, unlike oil-sealed rotary pumps, there is no sealant or lubricant required in the swept volume of the pump.
Features and benefits
• Lubricant-free within the vacuum envelope and hermetically sealed means a totally clean and dry vacuum to prevent cross contamination.
• No atmosphere to vacuum shaft seals means bearings are completely isolated, this prevents process attack and enable the bearings to run cooler and last longer.
• No oil to change eliminating cost of contaminated oil disposal.
• Simple single sided scroll design allows maintenance to be done in minutes for low cost of ownership and maximum up‑time.
• Inverter drive for consistent pumping speeds worldwide.
• Automotive; brake line and air conditioning evacuation
• Backing turbomolecular pumps
• Chemical applications including gel dryers and solvent recovery
• Coating systems
• High energy physics
• Mass spectrometry
Power100-120V or 200-230V switchable
Displacement 50 or 60Hz43 m3h-1 / 25 ft3min-1
Peak pumping speed 50 or 60Hz35 m3h-1 / 21 ft3min-1
Ultimate vacuum (Total pressure)1 x 10-2 mbar / 8 x 10-3Torr
Max continuous inlet pressure35 mbar / 23 Torr
Max water vapour pumping rate - GB I / GBII70 gh-1 / 240 gh-1
Max continuous outlet pressure0.2 bar gauge / 2.9 psig
Max allowed inlet and GB pressure0.5 bar gauge / 7 psig
Motor power / speed0.52kW / 1750 rpm
Power connectorIEC EN60320 C19
Weight48 kg / 105 lb
Inlet flange / Exhaust flangeNW40 / NW25
Noise and vibration57 dB (A), <4.5mms -1 (rms)
Leak tightness (static)<1 x 10-6 mbar ls-1
Operating temperature range10 to 40 °C / 50 to 104 °F
ComplianceCE, UL, CSA, ATEX
Be the first!
Be the first!